Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Tentative Beginning

   I love food.  It increasingly takes up more and more of my time and thoughts as the years go by. There is a distinct possibility that anywhere between 80-90 percent of my day is taken up with thinking about, talking about, cooking and consuming food.  So I find myself sitting in front of my computer trying to find a way to express in words how I feel about it. 

  It started out as a mild flirtation with cooking and has since evolved into a full-blown love affair. As a teenager I needed something to pass the time when a lack of hours at work left me sitting around my parents house one summer with no money and nothing to do.   So I started pulling out cookbooks from my moms’ shelves and using my family as guinea pigs to explore further into the culinary world.  It has been full speed ahead ever since.

 So this is my humble and somewhat nervous beginning into the world of food blogging.   

No comments:

Post a Comment