Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Winter Fruit Crisp...For Those Cold Sunday Mornings


I have been busy menu planning for an upcoming dinner party. My little blog is turning one this weekend and I am having some of my friends over to celebrate. I will fill all 7 of you readers in (most of which will be at the dinner but *shrug*) Next week. Meanwhile I wanted to share my fruit crisp with you.



Sometimes all you need is a really good crisp. I mean really, think about it...breakfast, afternoon snack, dessert? When you want something warm, comforting and little sweet that won't immediately make your thoughts stray to the gym to work it off. The answer is fruit crisp.



Well at least MY answer is fruit crisp. I still tell myself that it's completely healthy even if my brown sugar to oats ratio is a little ridiculous. Or the fact that I may occasionally add sugar to the fruit as well...



...or maybe that I add a healthy dollop or two of ice cream, whipped cream or whatever I have on hand to the top of the warm crisp.


Mmmmm....crisp. This particular crisp was just a simple mix of apples, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. I tossed them together in a bowl and put them in a oven proof dish sprinkles some oats, brown sugar and cinnamon on top and baked until warm and gooey. What's simpler then that?


No comments:

Post a Comment