Friday, May 15, 2009

Afternoon Musings

Something slightly off-topic from actual recipes and pictures of food from me today. I started a new book. Well the book itself isn't new, in fact it's been around for a few years, but I had yet to read it. It's called "French Woman Don't Get Fat: the secret of eating for pleasure" by Mireille Guiliano. I'm sure tons of people have read it or have at least heard about it.


I must admit I usually read Fantasy/Sci-fi/Horror books with a small spattering of History thrown in for good measure. Really the only non-fiction I tend towards are cook books (and rightfully so, they are my adult picture books, keeping me entertained for hours). However, I had heard some good things about this book, and am currently in a bettering myself phase at life. Not that I should call it a phase, I am trying to look at it as more of a permanent lifestyle change for the better. I've been trying to eat better, excercise more, expand my mind and enjoy life as it comes. Though I must admit that although I am making progress, and am the happiest I have been in quite a while, I am not quite as dedicated as I would like to be.

Luckily, I am a girl who responds well to positive motivation. My neighbor Liz actually is one of my best sources, sometimes something as simple as a knock on my door to let me know she is going for a run (usually followed by: do you want to come or have you been to the gym yet this week?). Which got me thinking about other ways to motivate myself. Which in turn lead me to this book, that I had remembered hearing about in passing. So far I am only 4 chapters in, but feel it could be another nice little kick in the butt for me (which I so often need) to really get on course to leading the happiest healthiest lifestyle I possibly can.

Who knows...but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment