Monday, May 4, 2009

Trudging Through Thursday...

Well I've dropped the ball again.  Last week was beyond crazy. I was out every single night, leaving my home and cats neglected in the name of socialization. Needless to say it eventually caught up to me on the weekend when I attempted to party it up. So I've taken a hiatus this week from going out and have spent it at home cleaning and exercising....unexciting, but necessary. I did manage to make a bunch of scrumptious things last week however...unfortunately I was still lacking in a camera, so I am devoid of pictures of most of them. Tragic, yes I know.  

I started Saturday off with a bang making some Giant Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies (think the size of half a kaiser bun).

(I saved two cookies all week until I replaced my memory card so I could at least share pictures of them with you...never say that I don't care ^_^)

 Cory and I used these cookies as our basis for our hamburger-sized ice cream sandwiches. Which were beyond delicious, and oh so filling. After finishing mine I promptly decided that I needed a nap. 


But no rest for the wicked, I still had two dishes to make for a potluck dinner party I was attending in an hour and a half. So onward and upward.

Next on menu was a Lentil Salad aka the too-many-pots-used recipe aka the recipe that wasn't...good that is. Lets just say the lentils stewed in a pot for a while, were mixed with the other ingredients..then I stewed the rest of the night over how wretchedly they turned out. We will leave it at that and move on.

Lucky for me (and everyone else) I am an unable-to-make-just-one-dish kinda gal and had another pot luck treat to make. It came in the form of a curried cauliflower dip and baked pita chips. Now, I realize that I posted not long ago about the Curried Cauliflower Sandwich, in fact it was only two posts ago...but I couldn't NOT make more curried cauliflower. So the dip was made, and it was good, not fantastic but still tasty.

The real winner of the day ended up being the Ice Cream Sandwiches....that weren't shared with anyone else.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing the delicious dip to my party! I love cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete